iSQAPER 3rd plenary meeting
The iSQAPER 3nd plenary meeting will be held from Sunday10thSep. – Friday 15thSep.
• Register date: Sunday 10th Sep.;
• Field Excursion: Friday 15th Sep.
The iSQAPER 2nd plenary meeting will be held from Monday 20 June – Thursday 23 June; arrival Sunday 19, departure Thursday evening or Friday morning.
Due to Google service is forbidden in China, we suggest you download Baidu Map or Gaode Map from Google store or App store before you arrive at China.
Institute of Agricultural Resources and Regional Planning (IARRP), Chinses Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS)；Beijing;
Address: No.12 Zhongguancun South St., Haidian District Beijing P.R. China
Tel: + 86 18612596471
The meeting will be in the IARRP, CAAS.
Jing Bin Lou- Beijing Friendship Hotel.
Prof. Minggang Xu, organiser of this meeting, has already made advance reservations in Beijing Friendship Hotel.
Please contact reception and indicate iSQAPER meeting when you check in.
Room rate 500RMB/Room/Night (Include Single Breakfast)
Address: No.12, ZhongGuanCun Southern Street, Beijing, 100081, P. R. China.
Tel: 8610-6849 8888, Fax: 8610-6849 8866
Participants are free to extend their stay in the hotel, but they should send the detailed arrangement in advance.
• Lunch (Buffet) is provided every day during the meeting at Qin Yuan Fu restaurant, which is located in CAAS.
• Joint dinners will be arranged in some Beijing Characteristic Restaurants on 11, 12 and 13 September.
• Lunch on 11-15th Sept will be provided by IARRP, dinner in 11-13th Sept. will also be arranged and paid by IARRP.
• When participants register on 10th Sept., we will ask them if they want special food wishes. If so, we can arrange. Don't worry.
There are different ways to reach Beijing Friendship Hotel from Beijing Capital Airport by public transportation. Here you can find some hints about travel.
From Airport to Beijing Friendship Hotel:
a) By bus (preferred): Buses depart from Terminal 3bus station (Line 4, airport to Gong Zhu Fen), passed by 7 stations and you will get off at Beijing Friendship Hotel . The travel is approximately 1 hour.
For details are completely arranged at website:https://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/beijing/transportation/airport-shuttle.htm
b) By subway (less preferred because you need more changes): Airport line (terminal 2) to Dong Zhi Men station (2 stops), change to Subway line 2 (Towards to Yong He Gong Station), from Dong Zhi Men station to Xi Zhi Men station (5 stops), Change to subway line 4 (towards to An He Qiao North station), from Xi Zhi Men to Ren Min University station (4 stops). Exit D.
c) By taxi: Directly at airport departure. Travel time is 1 hours. Price: approximately 150 RMB from Capital Airport to Beijing Friendship Hotel:
No need for daily local transport, the meeting will be at the IARRP, about 10 min walk from Beijing Friendship Hotel.
7. Local Money
• The local currency is Ren Min Bi (RMB)
• Changing money is possible at the airport or in Bank
• In the hotels Visa/MasterCards can be used or cash (RMB only).
8. Local Weather
Average maximum temperature in September is 25 degrees Celsius and the average minimum is 16 degrees. The temperature in the afternoon is normally between 25 and 28 degrees. September is the cooler month and just miss the peak season for visiting.
As soon as more information is available, it will be announced in this document.
Beijing is a city combining both modern and traditional architecture, Beijing is an ever-changing megacity rich in cultural object and historic relic but also truly modern. Beijing is convenient in traffic, we suggest you get a bus card for travel, the most convenient vehicle is subway.
10. Meeting costs
Meeting costs for every participant will be 3 000 RMB per person (only for accommodation, 10-15th). Participant should pay their own travelling expense.
• Included in these costs are accommodation, breakfast.
• Not included are costs for bus, taxi and additional cost in hotel, such as laundry charge, service charge.
Project coordination team: