Pesticide residues in European agricultural soils – A hidden reality unfolded
A new article published has been published in "Science of The Total Environment" about pesticide residues in European soils. The highlights of this paper are :
- 76 residues of pesticides were analyzed in 317 EU agricultural topsoils.
- 83% of the soils contained 1 or more residues, 58% contained mixtures.
- 166 different mixtures were identified.
- Predicted concentrations of individual residues were occasionally exceeded.
- The combined effects of residue mixtures need to be assessed.
The article is open access and the authors are: Vera Silva, Hans G.J. Mol, Paul Zomer, MarcTienstra, Coen J.Ritsema, and Violette Geissen